Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: eDiscovery Solutions

From: Brad Judy <brad.judy () CU EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 19:45:36 +0000

Here, we use a combination of Exterro (early part of the workflow I mentioned) and Relativity (later part of workflow),
but we don’t use either tool for data acquisition. Our process was driven primarily by legal counsel’s requirements for
case management, custodian management, data review and data production. Information security partners with legal
counsel via an MOU that defines roles/funding. Through that agreement, security manages the technical side of those
processes, including data acquisition and tool management.

Some of the products on that list are broader suites of tools and some have a narrower focus.

Brad Judy

Information Security Officer
Office of Information Security
University of Colorado