Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Reminder: IAM Online Wednesday: Passwordless Authentication with Shibboleth and WebAuthn

From: Dean Woodbeck <woodbeck () INTERNET2 EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 14:24:45 +0000

A reminder of the IAM Online this Wednesday, January 15, at 2 pm ET.

From: Dean Woodbeck <woodbeck () internet2 edu>
Date: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 3:20 PM
Subject: January IAM Online: Passwordless Authentication with Shibboleth and WebAuthn

January IAM Online: Passwordless Authentication with Shibboleth and WebAuthn
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
2 pm ET | 1 pm CT | Noon MT | 11 am PT | 10 am AKT

Our first IAM Online of 2020 will provide another method of passwordless authentication; this one developed by Duke
University.

Duke has integrated its Shibboleth Identity Provider with WebAuthn to allow one-step, passwordless multi-factor
authentication. In this session we’ll discuss the evolution of this pilot, including:
    * Initial drivers
    * Proof of concept
    * Early release
    * Iterations, the feedback they generated, and resulting changes

For each of these phases, we’ll discuss challenges, lessons learned, and policy decisions that helped us move forward.
We’ll wrap up with recommendations about how to make passwordless authentication a reality at your institution,
including some thoughts about technical and political challenges and strategies for moving through those issues.

-----
Presenters

Mary McKee, Duke University
Shilen Patel, Duke University

-----
Connecting
Side sharing and audio via Zoom: https://internet2.zoom.us/j/886598327

Or join by phone:
Dial (US): (669) 900-6833 or (646) 558-8656
Webinar ID: 886 598 327

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bKX4teTZh

-----
About IAM Online
IAM Online (https://www2.internet2.edu/l/66332/2019-09-20/bwbqvx) is a monthly online education series brought to you
by Internet2’s InCommon community and the EDUCAUSE Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC).

----
Dean Woodbeck
Director of Community Awareness
Internet2 Trust and Identity