Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Who is using Passphrase over 16 characters

From: "Von Welch (Work)" <von () VONWELCH COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 11:27:27 -0400

https://informationsecurity.iu.edu/personal-preparedness/passphrases.html
<https://informationsecurity.iu.edu/personal-preparedness/passphrases.html>

Best,

Von

On Sep 3, 2020, at 5:05 PM, Cathy Hubbs <hubbs () AMERICAN EDU> wrote:

Hi all,
We have been supporting 2 password policies for several years and would like to move to 1 (the 16+ character
passphrase).  Wondering how many of you have adopted a longer/stronger passphrase policy?
For ease of response – anyone using passphrase policy requiring at least 12 characters?

Feel free to contact me off list if you prefer.

Cathy

Cathy Hubbs
Chief Information Security Officer
American University