Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Third Party Exchange add-ons

From: "Bandy, John" <jbandy () SAMFORD EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 14:15:19 +0000

  1.  Information Security vets these requests
  2.  The only requests that are granted are the ones that we have a contract with.  Vetting is performed during the
contract review
  3.  Ongoing data review is not performed at this time.

We do not approve for individual users.  Either everyone gets it or no one gets it.
We have canned language we use to communicate both through email and the block request.

John Bandy
Chief Information Security Officer
Technology Services

205-726-2692<tel:+1205-726-2692> | office
205-726-2692 | fax
JBandy () Samford Edu<mailto:JBandy () Samford Edu>
Twitter<http://twitter.com/SamfordInfoSec>
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=800+Lakeshore+Drive,+Birmingham,+AL+35229,+US>

[mford Samford University Logo]