Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Onion - Hardware Recommendations

From: "Foss, Henry L." <fossh () SACREDHEART EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 14:25:04 +0000

I want to piggyback on this. On the same line of intrusion detection, can others share what they are using?

We have looked at DarkTrace, and have determined that just PA FWs at the edge and DC are not enough to give us much
visibility. We’re using Cisco DNA and ISE to provide further detail, but it is a manual process researching incidents.

Thank you

Hank Foss
Manager of Security Infrastructure CISSP, MSCS, GPEN
Sacred Heart University
Main Campus HC112
Office: (203) 396-8279
Mobile: (203) 295-1356