Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

External System Access Policy

From: Mattehew Prescott <matt.prescott () ACU EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 10:32:39 -0600

Hello,
We are doing our NIST800-171 assessment and one control we are looking at
is about external systems access to cui data. Do any of you have policies
or procedures that address external systems access? Do those policies also
cover third parties and not just a home computer?
Could you share those policies with me?

Thanks,
Matt Prescott, Security Analyst
Information Technology