Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Member QuickTalk | SolarWinds Recent Cyberattack, the Lessons Learned and the Go-forward Secure by Design Plan

From: Brian Kelly <bkelly () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2021 14:48:46 +0000

Join me next Wednesday at 2pm EST for a member QuickTalk with SolarWinds.

Please join Brian Kelly (EDUCAUSE Cybersecurity Program Director), Jodi Ito (CISO, University of Hawaii and HEISC
Co-chair) for a conversation with SolarWinds CISO Tim Brown and VP of Public Sector Ben Baldi for a walkthrough of the
timeline of the recent cyberattack, the lessons learned and the go-forward plan.
During this Quick Talk, we’ll look at several key areas:

  *   What happened and the timeline of events
  *   The actions SolarWinds has taken in response
  *   Recommendations for moving forward
  *   What should our members be doing now?
  *   Key resources
  *   Q&A

Brian

Brian Kelly, CISSP, CISM, CEH
Director, Cybersecurity
Program<https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-program>
bkelly () educause edu<mailto:bkelly () educause edu>

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
Follow HEISC on
LinkedIn<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fshowcase%2Fhigher-education-information-security-council-heisc-%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C7197d41189e4414981ae08d69dc9670a%7Cdd4b037fe626495db0170cc0f7dddb37%7C0%7C0%7C636869885680898966&sdata=%2FYvU%2BLTYHbPmcyL1AoksiKTSdMeFQ93qASFmTp8Emmo%3D&reserved=0>
 | Twitter: @HEISCouncil

direct: 475.449.6440 | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>
1150 18th Street, NW, Suite 900 Washington, DC 20036