Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

I2 Online: Strengthening Access Security webinar

From: Nick Lewis <nlewis () INTERNET2 EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 14:16:49 +0000

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if you’ve seen the announcements about this webinar on device security and policies in Duo, but it was
developed based on campus discussions and challenges. Based on campus discussions over the last week, we’ve updated the
agenda and I’ve asked David Allen from Pacific Lutheran University and Ted Kietzman from Duo Security to address how a
campus could manage telephony with policies. We’re saving time for the end for questions and discussion.

You can register for the webinar at:

https://bit.ly/3tr5lTp

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback. The full registration email is below. Please share this other
people on your campus working on Duo.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick Lewis, MS, MA, CISSP
Program Manager, NET+ Cloud Services - Security and Identity
Internet2
nlewis () internet2 edu

Subject: I2 Online: Strengthening Access Security

Strengthening Access Security, Wednesday, May 18, 2021, 2PM ET<https://bit.ly/3tr5lTp>

Featuring Devices, Data, and Policy in Higher Education

Register for this virtual event<https://bit.ly/3tr5lTp> on May 18 at 2pm ET to learn about the importance of device
security and authentication for your campus.

Higher education has long been a “bring your own device” - BYOD - environment. In an effort to provide a level of
protection to users and the IT infrastructure, many institutions in our community have deployed multi-factor
authentication (MFA) through the NET+ Duo Security program.

Over the last year, requirements for institutions have been changing due to a multitude of reasons: the pandemic;
federal requirements for securing student data; cyber liability insurance; and, the ever-changing threat landscape that
continually moves widespread adoption of MFA and device security higher up the priority list.

Join us on May 18th<https://bit.ly/3tr5lTp> to learn how your institution can strengthen its device access security:

  *   The historical context for authentication security
  *   The importance of assessing device posture
  *   How to leverage authentication data to surface risky or suspicious logins
  *   Creating the right security policies to meet your needs
  *   Hear from Pacific Lutheran, as to how they’ve approached multi-factor authentication and device security with Duo

Featured speakers will include:

  *   David Allen, Pacific Lutheran University
  *   Ted Kietzman, Duo Security

Learn more and register now!<https://bit.ly/3tr5lTp>