Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: New FW architecture? (was RE: Time for a new FWTK?)

From: "Safier, Adam (GEIS)" <Adam.Safier () geis ge com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 15:28:46 -0500

I like your role/definition concept. I've also been thinking in terms of
sets. Calling the management architecture Hierarchical is jumping the
gun.  We need to define the roles different sets have, and their
relationship to each other. Set theory seems well suited to the task.
However, representing complex relationships in a manageable, clear and
human friendly manner seems to elude most of us.

Adam