Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: chroot useful?

From: Aleph One <aleph1 () dfw net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 10:40:32 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Darren Reed wrote:

Actually, I think there is a product (commercially available) which does
work exactly (or if not, very close) to your description.  The name of
it doesn't come to mind, but for those who know what RACF is, it is
essentially a RACF implementation and interface for Unix with all the
system calls "redirected".

Would that happen to be SeOS? It's made by a company from Israel called
Memco. I got some of their product literature laying around someplace.
I recall reading it and thinking to myself that they must be using kernel
loadable modules and redirecting all the system calls. Upon chatting with
some people in the company they confirmed that this is how the product
works.

Darren

Aleph One / aleph1 () dfw net
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01