Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: port 256/257 and firewall-1

From: Scott Blake <blake () netegrity com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 08:54:00 -0500

That's (at least theoretically) correct.  It also has an anti-spoofing
mechanism whereby it compares the source IP against the permitted
addresses for an interface.  That procedure is supposed to take place in
the kernel module -- I can neither confirm nor deny that it actually
occurs there.

Scott Blake, Network Security Architect
Netegrity, Inc.
blake () security com