Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: ms proxy 2.0 again

From: "Joe Ippolito" <joe () joesnet com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 11:26:15 -0700

Paraphrasing "Proxy Server 2 Study Guide" Erik Rozell et al. Sybex Network
Press.

The MS Socks Proxy supports the Socks 4.3a specification.  The service was
designed for UNIX and Macintosh-based clients.  The  Socks Proxy does not
offer all of the functionality of WinSock since it lacks support for UDP
protocols and cannot perform high validation security authentication.

The clients get access by IP address.  See properties for Socks Proxy in
Internet Service Manager. They have no access by default.  I have plenty of
hardware to try it with, I just have not gotten around to it.  I will let
you know as soon as I do.  Let me know if you do.