Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

WORM file system for logging

From: Andreas Siegert <afx () ibm de>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 16:10:46 +0200

Hi,
I am desperately looking for a WORM file system for logging purposes.
I want to be able to write to a WORM drive in sort of real time from syslog.
If that is not possible, I'd at leat would like to be able to copy the syslog
file once a day to it and have a reasonable method of retrieving the individual
files.

Everything I found so far was large library management systems that needed a
huge overhead for the directory structure, often an extra disk. Not really
desireable for a log host....

We can't write our own file system, due to lack of resources and time.

I'd be very happy about any hints

thx
afx

--
Andreas Siegert       afx () ibm de / afx () barolo munich de ibm com / AFX at IPNET
PGP Key:http://www.muc.de/~afx/pubkey.asc, KeyId AB26FD05