Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Firewall I long term insecurity

From: DOOM Anonymous Untraceable User <nobody () seclab com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 06:40:01 +0100 (CET)

To: firewall-wizards () nfr net
cc:
Subject:
--------
Hi All,
    I will go there... these BUGS were documented to CheckPoint with the Alphas of FW-1 supplied
to SunSoft in Oct 1994, They were redocumented to Checkpoint in the Spring of 1995... by my successor
To the best of my knowledge Checkpoint has NEVER deigned to  have a "secure" default config..
(nor have they cared to admit that having a default as they deliver
 is COMPLETELY insecure...)

I just used to be a contractor at SunSoft... I dont represent them or speak for them...
I and  a Sunsoft employee were the first 2 US engineers to security QA the product..
others followed us later... but we both did note and document this issue to Checkpoint...

    I am posting anonymously as I fear checkpoints attorneys