Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Raptor Firewall problem

From: Peter Vanderborght <pvdbor () fercomsys be>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:24:21 +0100

Chris,

Sounds to me like your customer forgot to 'save' the changes.
If you only 'apply' them, but do not save them, then you get mixed results.
Most often your changes get lost after a reboot (but they ARE in the
config), less often you get the symptoms you specified.

What I recommend is going into the Hawk, selecting the rule(s) that
contain(s) these protocols, applying those rules and then saving them
(File->save). Let the firewall update it's configuration and it should work
now. Worst case you'll need to reboot.

The key element is ALWAYS save. If not you can get really weird problems.

Best regards,
Peter

Peter Vanderborght
N.V. Ferranti Computer Systems S.A.
email: pvdbor () fercomsys be <mailto:pvdbor () fercomsys be>
web site: www.fercomsys.be <http://www.fercomsys.be>
tel: +32-3-5404911
fax:+32-3-5426328