Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: telnet proxy/gw choices?

From: dinesh () newsnet com au (Dinesh Pullat)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:15:22 +1000

Neale,

% Greetings all,
%
% I need to provide telnet access across a BSDI box which has IP forwarding
% disabled (for various good reasons).  For practical reasons, the proxy
% needs to be transparent.  For security reasons, the proxy needs to listen
% on only one interface.
        You should be still able to achieve this with just a packet filter.
That is enable IP forwarding and restrict access based on interface, IP
address and port.

If not (for reasons that r beyond me!), then u may take a look at Expect
at www-10.nist.gov

%
% Is there any real alternative to telnet-gw or plug-gw from the fwtk?
%
        Yes. Commercially speaking ofcourse, Gauntlet from TIS.

--
Dinesh.