Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Dealing with MS Netmeeting & H.323

From: "Tony Schliesser" <aschlies () citynet net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 11:05:22 -0400

Its tricky. From my understanding, a few firewall appliances are using
a proxies to "listen" to the data between client/server and
client/client so it knows what ports to open up for the dynamic ports
you mentioned, much like an FTP proxy would handle the data channel.

The only other box that has this type of proxy is the Watchguard
Firebox.  Version 3.00a is in beta and should be out soon.  I have
used this in a test lab and it does work well.

TS