Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: WheelGroup Corporation's Response to our Work

From: tqbf () secnet com
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 15:02:46 -0600 (CST)

way many of the "bad" packets are just dropped.  The proxy by
definition operates on the entire reassembled data stream exactly as
it is it is sent to the destination.  There are no questions about
which packets reach the destination in which order or how the it will
interpret them.

This is exactly the page I'm on. I'm just waiting for a company to get
smart enough to actually develop this.

The problems I see are obtrusiveness (network configuration) and
bottlenecks; I don't see any security issues. Certainly places that
already use proxy firewalls would already be in a good position to deploy
this.

Thomas H. Ptacek                                        Secure Networks, Inc.
http://www.enteract.com/~tqbf                           "mmm... sacrilicious"