Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

FW: BorderManager vs MS Proxy 2 and Firewall-1

From: "Joe Ippolito - President SVNPA" <joe () joesnet com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 13:33:42 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From:   Joe Ippolito [SMTP:joe () joesnet com]
Sent:   Saturday, March 07, 1998 11:28 AM
To:     'Stephen Moore'
Subject:        RE: BorderManager vs MS Proxy 2 and Firewall-1

I have evaled both but am biased toward the MS product due to the ease of
setup and reporting functionality.  Border Manager's plus is speed (state
of the art web caching) and NDS integration.  Reporting capability and
price are its minuses.  Got any specific questions let me know.

Also, if anyone has any experience with Check Point Firewall-1 on NT4, I
would like to exchange some war stories.  Difficulties I am having are GP
faults, connectivity issues -GUI client and remote module, file puts with
CVP running etc. etc. etc.  Check Point will not give me access to their
knowledge base and I need ammunition to persuade them to give me access.

Joe Ippolito MCNE, MCSE, CSA