Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

ACL's when using PPP

From: "Chris Hughes" <chughes () rpm com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 09:00:25 -0400

I am trying to create a semi-sophisticated ACL for a PPP based ISDN internet
connection.  I plan to apply the access list to the Dialer0 interface.  the
problem is, since the IP address for this interface is assigned by the ISP
during the PPP negotiation, I'm not sure how to indicate source-address in
my ACL statements.  Additionally, I am using NAT/PAT for all packets leaving
the BRI0 interface.

I am assuming the best place to apply this access-list is the Dialer0
interface.  I get confused as to whether I should use BR0 or Dialer0.

I could also benefit from viewing some standard way of constructing this
ACL.  Cisco does not seem to post any.

Any help would be appreciated.