Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Penetration testing via shrinkware

From: Dominique Brezinski <dom_brezinski () securecomputing com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 12:11:44 -0500

Just so everyone knows my bias up front: I worked for ISS at one point as
part of the X-Force (the research group that develops exploit checks for
the scanner and ID signatures for RealSecure amongst other things) and I
currently work for Secure Computing in the architecture/assessment branch
of Professional Services. I do work very closely with our penetration team,
and occasionally I actually do some penetration testing too.