Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: strange checkpoint behaviour on NT4.0

From: ac0 <ac0 () ftp graypeak com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 02:23:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, sandeep kumar wrote:

While installing checkpoint v3.0a on NT4.0, the already  preinstalled
license(evaluation one) does not get installed and hence I am not even
able to add a new license as well.

I have had this problem before, the eval key just does not show up?
The hardware I did this on was a dell poweredge 2300, what
kinda hardware did you have? I ended up swapping out one
of the 3com NICs (the other was intel) for a boring old amd
NIC. I also reinstalled NT from scratch, and reapplied sp3
and hotfixes. I honestly think the problem was the NIC
and the order of the hotfixes though.

also the only change that I did with the new NT servers was that I
gave the NIC cards different IP addresses. also it is recalling the
old IP addresses, i guess from a registry entry. does any one know
which is the "Registry Entry".

The key can be found in :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<driver name>\Parameters\Tcpip

To find out what the driver name is, do ipconfig /all, its the "Ethernet
adapter:" line. I just looked this up on NT workstation 4.0, but I
think its the same for the server 4.0.

Incidentally, a better forum for this type of question in the future
would be on the firewall-1 mailing list which is found at:

--Anindya