Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Attn: Silicon Valley Readers

From: Kyle Starkey <KSTARKEY () altera com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 09:56:02 -0700

Hello Firewall Wizards,
I am pleased to announce the formation of the Silicon Valley chapter of
the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA, http://www.issa.org).
We encourage those who share an interest in the issues facing computer
security personnel to join.

The ISSA was formed to help shape the profession and field of Information
Security, and to assist security professionals in staying abreast in the
latest developments in their ever-changing field.  The Silicon Valley
chapter
of the ISSA is envisioned as a group of like-minded individuals who will
meet on a monthly basis to discuss the newest system vulnerabilities,
interact with vendors, and form a peer group of talent and expertise from
which our members can draw.

We hold our meetings during lunch, and will attempt to provide food.
The typical meeting will include a presentation by a vendor discussing
a new security product, or a speaker covering other topics of interest
to the group.  Please visit the Silicon Valley chapter's website at
http://issa.roadtoad.net to stay informed on our progress, get
information about our upcoming meetings, and to learn how to subscribe
to our mailing lists.

Our next meeting is currently scheduled to be held at Altera Corporation in
San Jose, on Wednesday, Oct. 6 starting at 12:00pm.  More information
will be available at our website.  We are in the process of scheduling
a vendor who will give a presentation and provide lunch.  When a speaker
has been finalized, an announcement will be made both on our website, and
to our mailing lists.

Please note that when we mention vendors, we are making every effort
to ensure that the vendors send us technical personnel capable of fielding
deep technical questions.  We will not hold meetings with sales staff.
Also be aware that vendors won't be the only presenters at our meetings.
However, having vendors present their products to us allows us to
stay abreast of new developments in the industry while giving us the
opportunity to pick the brains of their technical staff.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will try to field them as
well as I can.  If you have Information Security specific questions please
go to our website http://issa.roadtoad.net/ and direct them to the mailing
list.

Thanks for your time

Kyle R. Starkey