Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Any reason not to use PIX ?

From: "Matthew J. Wolf" <mwolf () premtec com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 07:49:00 -0500 (EST)

 One thing I have found wrong with the PIX is that it does not do nat on
outside address. It only does nat on packets than have a out dest. All the
other problems we've seen fix in the next release of software. Cisco has
done a good job fixing the bugs.

-Matthew J. Wolf

Matthew J. Wolf                         | Premiere Technologies
Network Engineer                        | Enhanced Calling Services
Network Operations Infrastructure Team  | 3399 Peachtree Road, NE
Phone: (404)504-2359 Fax: (404)262-8516 | The Lenox Building, Suite 600
E-mail: mwolf () premtec com               | Atlanta, Georgia 30326
"That's all there is, There isn't any more."-Madeline, by Ludwig Bemelmans