Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: fwtk gone?

From: Paul Marcus <pmarcus () erols com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 05:50:51 -0500

I went looking for fwtk also and found all references pointing to one
page, regardless of what the link said.

I sent an e-mail to fwtk-request () tis com with the word accepted in the
body of the message and got the current directory.  They might have cut
off the web updates but you still have the ability to get it.

I've also done searches with ftpsearch.lycos.com and found quite a few
sites that have it available. Some as redhat rpm's whcih I tried
yesterday and found it was installing the *-gw's in etc.  Haven't had
time to pursue why etc.

Bennett Todd wrote:

I just had occasion to try and point someone at the sources to fwtk, and as
best I can tell it has disappeared --- either that, or NAI has just &*%#-ed up
their site well enought to make it impossible to find.

If FWTK has gone away, what should we use?

Is there any other http proxy available that can strip applets?

What would people use for other proxies to round out a working firewall?

-Bennett