Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: UDP Port 137 - Now TCP Port 143

From: dreamwvr <dreamwvr () dreamwvr com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:08:49 -0700

hi Randy,
        RFC 1700 works for me... but then again what i do is if it
is ! in the RFC i goto www.iana.org
                                                        Regards,
                                                        dreamwvr () dreamwvr com
ps-&& vice | versa
At 07:01 PM 2/9/99 -0500, Randy Witlicki wrote:
...<snip>...
...rfc1700...
...<snip>...

 I keep a copy of rfc1700.txt handy as I have noted, but I
would like to reinforce that www.iana.org should be looked
to for the current up-to-date list of port numbers.
 For my own use, I will be downloading a copy regularly
of the IP port numbers file from www.iana.org (I think
it's about 275K big) as a local grep-able text file.
 I think rfc1700 is "officially" obsolete.  Anybody on
the list know for sure ?

 - Randy
-

Reuters, London, February 29, 1998:
Scientists have announced discovering a meteorite which will strike the
earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX coders expressed relief for being
spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038.

DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL WEB INTEGRATION, DEVELOPMENT, DESIGN SERVICES.
Featuring Website Development and Web Strategies of a TOP Developer
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/services/MAX_SEC.html>
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/dynamicduo.html> <mailto:dreamwvr () dreamwvr com>
"As Unique as the Company You Keep."        "===0 PGP Key Available