Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Reverse Proxy on DMZ

From: mike.parsons () wachovia com
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 07:58:39 -0500

In George Orwell's book 1984, we had the historian who was tasked with
making our memories more precise and reflective of reality.  In this day
and time we seem to have marketeers and account reps performing a similar
function.

Precision and clarity is paramount in a technical world.  Let's use the
terms as they were first intended and quit trying to change things to get a
better buzz.

Just my $.02.

If you haven't guessed, I lean toward C&B's classic work.

Please respond to Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>

So, we have two choices.  Accept that the meaning of DMZ has evolved
into meaning a less-protected leg of a firewall.  Or be more precise
but less picturesque.

Personally, I don't have as much of an emotional investment as some
seem to.  I would just like to communicate accurately.

Eh?

--
Joe Yao                  jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                        EMT-A/B