Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Watchguard (firewall appliance questions)

From: "Frank Pawlak" <FPAWL () pcsentre com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:35:36 -0500

I am relatively new to INFOSec.  I have questions on firewall appliances in general and Watchguard in particular.

How do they stack up against the software solutions?  Their low cost makes them attractive to management, and my issue
is to get at the differences between them.

It appears to me that they are best suited for a small number of users.  Is that correct?

Are they what "firewalls" will look like in the future?

What are some of the technical differences?

Any other comments would be appreciated.

TIA

Frank