Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Network Security Scanning

From: Matt Doughty <doughtym () bsjkk co jp>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:02:01 +0900

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 11:53:52AM -0400, Adam Shostack wrote:
Gosh, I hope not.  The folks I know at Securify are much more into
protecting interesting information than trying to hide IP addresses.
If they got into that sort of obscurity without cause, my respect for
them would plummet.

Most people would consider an organizations network addressing
information to be 'interesting information' which it is. More over,
it is trivial to hide.  trivial to hide. Course I guess if you are
so confident in your security that you want to tell attackers where to
point their guns that is your choice.

//Matt