Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

ADMINISTRIVIA: product plugs --

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () nfr net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 13:31:53 -0400

Folks -
        You've probably noticed a couple of blatant product plugs
come across the mailing list in the last few weeks. :) I've
allowed them through because I'm in the tough spot of being
a competitor of theirs and also being moderator of the list.
Rater than risking being accused of partiality, I figured I'd
push them through. It's now unleashing a flood of marketing,
which I will begin deleting from the queue. From now on, I'll
return to the list's charter policy of "no product plugs."
To all vendors who are on this list: please read and respect
the list's charter.

        Lastly, I'm out here in Las Vega$ at DEFCON and am a bit
behind in the queue. I'll be draining it early next week, and
will also suppress somewhat the "extreme hacking" debate.

Thanks,
mjr.
--
Marcus J. Ranum, CEO, Network Flight Recorder, Inc.
work - http://www.nfr.net