Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Firewall comparison in Data Communications

From: W J La Cholter <tck () giage com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:54:43 -0400

I know Gauntlet 1.1 for Windows NT, which came out in July 1997, blocked
source-routed traffic.  It was the first version with kernel-level
changes for filtering and transparency.  We implemented the same
algorithms for screening packets as Gauntlet 3 for UNIX.

Most NT firewalls that have a kernel-mode driver should be able to
screen source-routed packets and other nasties.
-
W. J. La Cholter <blacholter () giage com> - Giage
PGP 5 Fingerprint: 79E0 EE3A 2EC1 2303 624C  AE99 F31B 972B F24F 688E