Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: H.323/T.120 gateways

From: Chris Shenton <cshenton () uucom com>
Date: 17 Mar 1999 12:05:13 -0500

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:55:07 +0100, gseguridad () msc es said:

gseguridad> Hi all, I'm watching for a possible solution of secure use
gseguridad> of H.323/T120 (Netmeeting) between internal and Internet
gseguridad> users.

Hola! Good luck.

gseguridad> I know it is a difficult task, but is there another
gseguridad> "solution" apart from Databeam neT.120??

I didn't find that the Databeam product improved security. It just
allowed more flexibility in deploying an external meeting point which
tunneled through to internal users. But it didn't do any serious
authentication which might prevent bad guys from using it, so their
traffic could be tunneled through too. And the NetMeeting datasharing
put any participating workstation, and therefore anything they could
touch, at risk.