Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

httptunnel

From: Ken Hardy <ken () bridge com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:15:47 -0600 (CST)

See http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html for a great
little piece of software.  Works through your existing HTTP
proxy to render your firewall meaningless.  (I've been waiting
for something like BackOrifice to use HTTP instead of UDP for
its remote control session.)

We currently do not use proxy authentication for HTTP requests
which originate internally.  May change that.  I presume that
that could help thwart a covert trojan program trying to get
out w/ HTTP.  Thoughts?  I also presume that coders of httptunnel
could easily build in proxy authentication for users who intend
to install it on their desktop for some purpose, so it cannot
be a panacea.

--
KH