Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall comparison

From: dreamwvr <dreamwvr () dreamwvr com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 13:03:19 -0700

hi,
  or the fws that are used when the others fail to meet expectations...
the stats of popularity are slanted to the most commercialized which
does not necessarily mean the best. i noticed that ibm's firewall since
it was new tended to depend on obscurity and claims that could not be
deputed unless of course you knew what C2 meant;-) it would be interesting
to see by numbers of intrusions by firewall brand but realistically this is
not going to be released anytime soon. Also it could be argued as everything
can that that only indicated that the fwadmins did not know how to use the
tool effectively. but still it would be interesting:-)
                                                Regards,
                                                dreamwvr () dreamwvr com