Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

NT-based firewalls

From: "Mitch Dickinson" <mitchdickinson () bellsouth net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 13:46:37 -0500

Hi guys, I've been following the list for a few months now, but this is my
first post.  Anyway, I'd like to get some opinions on the absolute best
firewall for the NT platform--more specifically for a win2k machine.  I've
heard some very good things about NetGuard's Guardian, however I seem to be
unable to install the Agent part of the package.  Perhaps it's just operator
error (very possible!!)??

I have several linux machines in my little LAN here, but I am having some
problems getting any kind of modems to work right with both linux and my
isp.  My final objective is to use linux as a firewall and masq all my other
machines.  At any rate, I would apreciate any suggestions/optinons you guys
can give me.  Thanks.

Mitch