Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

remote crash possibility of FW-1?

From: Thomas Nau <thomas.nau () rz uni-ulm de>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:37:09 +0100 (MET)

Hi there.
We use Checkpoints Firewall-I release 4.0 SP 4 running on a SUN U2/200
Solaris 2.6 with up-to-date patchlevel. For several weeks now the box
crashes or reboots without any hint left in the logfiles. SUN service
replaced all components (FDDI, RAM, CPUs, ...) except for the mirrored
disks. Since most of the crashes happen during the weekend we also suspect
some DOS attack. Are there any known DOS attacks than leave the box
unusable till someone does a power-off-on cycle?

Thomas

====== PGP fingerprint B1 EE D2 39 2C 82 26 DA  A5 4D E0 50 35 75 9E ED ======

        Thought you got rid of all year 2k bugs and problems?
        Here's a new one: Windows 2000