Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Cisco NetRanger Shunning Setup

From: "David Goldsmith" <dave.goldsmith () rappatech com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:05:59 -0400

We are setting up a Cisco NetRanger Sensor and a NetRanger Director.
The Sensor is sending alerts to the Director correctly.

We appearently do not have the info about the Cisco router correct because when we set up a specific signature to shun
automatically,
the Director does talk to the router and add the appropriate "access-list" commands BUT ...

1) the ACL id number changes each time
2) the required "ip access-group" commands are NOT being made to the appropriate router interface.

Has anyone setup shunning for a NetRanger and had it work correctly? The manual is a little bit skimpy .

Thanks,

Dave Goldsmith