Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

DMZ or not ?

From: fgb () domain com br
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 11:57:12 -0200 (GMT-02:00)

Hello wizards,

Divergences are occurring here im my officce about the use of a DMZ, and I hope the wizards will give me some
explanations and/or secure informations about the better
implementation.

Currently, we're using Linux as a Firewall Box, with a port forwarding to our mail server, that is behind the firewall.

We are in way now, to install a public web server and a DNS server. What are de advantages and disadvantages of placing
this servers behind the firewall and perform
NAT or Port forwarding, instead of  using a DMZ ?

Which of the options shoud I implement here in my officce, to have a secure site ?

Thanks and regards,

Fábio Baptista
fgb () domain com br