Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: NT as router :please help asap

From: "Sheldrake, Kevin" <kevin.sheldrake () bae co uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:06:55 +0100

The fault will probably lie with one (or more) of the routing tables on the
specific boxes.
The NT box in the middle should be pretty much okay as the Network setup
should add
simple routes to point it at the right interface cards and you've already
enabled IP
Forwarding.  A 'route print' and 'ipconfig /all' should show this to be the
case.

The routing table for the PC A appears okay as it can ping interface 1 which
lies
in the other IP subnet.

The routing table for the CISCO is then probably at fault.  It does not have
a route in
its table that tells it how to get to the subnet that interface 2 is in.
This would prevent
it from replying to pings from the PC A (via the NT box).  I don't know how
to configure
CISCOs but it should be relatively straight forward to add such a route.

Kev

Kevin Sheldrake
CCIS Prototypes and Demonstrations
British Aerospace Defence Systems
[+44 | 0] 1202 408035, kevin.sheldrake () bae co uk