Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Gauntlet Assistance

From: Kyle Starkey <KSTARKEY () altera com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:48:27 -0700

I am running the NT version of Gauntlet and I wanted to do DNS resolution on
the Firewall, in the logs, the support people told me to set up MSDNS on the
firewall itself... I did this and it still doesn't work.... the NT tech
support sucks so, I just wrote a script that does nslookup on all the
adresses after they come through the logs.... easier than having them
explain the DNS issue... if you are looking to do DNS between machines
behind the firewall and one outside the firewall, just do a packet filter
and make sure the filter originates from inside and has the "with reply"
option set, this should take care of it

-Kyle