Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: SANS Flash: Urgent Request For Help In Stopping DOS Attacks (fwd)

From: Rick Smith <rick_smith () securecomputing com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:35:27 -0500

At 06:07 AM 04/11/2000 -0700, Mark.Teicher () predictive com wrote:
If networks were constructed properly and security was addressed at the
time of that the initial design was considered, DDOS would not have been
widespread as it was.

If you look at the evolution of the Internet, it's arguable that there
wouldn't even be an Internet if we'd designed in security features at the
start that would have prevented DDOS. The absence of such security features
played a huge (and I think crucial) role in its growth.

Rick.
smith () securecomputing com