Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

CP FW-1 User DB error (4.0SP4|AIX4.2.1)

From: "Taylor, Mark I" <TAYLORMAR () cibcmortgages com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:52:33 -0400

Hello everyone.

Having a problem and would appreciate your collective wisdom, as my vendor
and Checkpoint (surprise) aren't all that timely in responding.

Platform:

Checkpoint FW-1 Version 4.0, SP4 on AIX 4.2.1

Situation:

When starting Security Policy, a dialog box appears: "Inconsistent
information found. Verify that your database is intact. Rule 0, cannot
locate object SecureID_Users@Any."

Once the policy loads, any instance of the missing object is replaced with
the "Any" object in the rulebase.
In addition, the 'generic*' user is also blown away.  If I recreate both
objects and push the policy down again, I get the same results next time I
reload the policy.

At this point, I am considering restoring the whole thing from tape, but
thought I'd double check with the experts.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide, and have a great weekend! (I know I
probably won't ;-)

Mark Taylor, MCSE

System Manager, NT
Information Technology