Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: pix vpn to sonic wall vpn?

From: "Mike Shannon" <mmshannon () earthlink net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 19:11:41 -0700

Tina,

I got the sonicwall to talk to the pix.  I also have the pix talking to
dynamic clients.  The key was that sonicwall uses hexadecimal in its spi
and pix uses decimal.  Also using manual keys with _no_ authentication.
If you like I can send you the document I am in the process of creating
that has info for cisco to sonicwall vpn.  Cisco had no clue how to do
this when I opened a TAC incident.  Sonicwall had some info that did help.

Mike Shannon.

mms> -----Original Message-----
mms> From: Tina Bird [mailto:tbird () precision-guesswork com]
mms> Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2000 4:45 PM
mms> To: Mike Shannon
mms> Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] pix vpn to sonic wall vpn?
mms>
mms>
mms> mike -- you might want to post this to the VPN
mms> mailing list at
mms> vpn () securityfocus com
mms> and check out the VPN how-to guide at
mms>
mms> http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn.html
mms>
mms> i don't think we've got specifics for sonic wall,
mms> but there's definitely pix information.
mms>
mms> hope that helps -- tina bird
mms>