Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: securid authentication transparent to radius?

From: Vin McLellan <vin () shore net>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 01:09:19 -0500

Thomas Kraemmer queried the Listocracy:

Can anybody tell me if securid authentication is completely transparent to a
radius proxy?

        Should be, although I don't know anyone who has tested it.

If I got a securid-aware radius server like CiscoSecure or Steelbelted
radius is it possible to put a standard radius proxy between the client and
this securid server or must this radius proxy also be securid-aware?

I am a consultant to RSA, so I asked their resident expert on CiscoSecure. He said that there could possibly be timing issues if it takes more than a few seconds to pass between the servers, but that a proxy should not normally be a problem.

If you try it -- or if you get further information from someone what has made it work -- please report back to the List.

        Surete,
                _Vin