Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Nokia/Checkpoint firewall

From: dwelch () uswestmail net
Date: 4 Feb 2000 00:05:40 -0800

On Thu, 03 February 2000, "Yin To Chu" wrote:

As an end user, I don't really care what the things inside the box as far as
we can get good p/p ratio and good support. These are the things I would
like to know before we can deploy the Nokia boxes.

Generally speaking, you won't do a whole lot better for the money in terms of Price/Performance. Support goes through a
local reseller (YMMV of course), though you can purchase direct support from Nokia if you're willing to spend the
money. In either case, you should be able to obtain access to Nokia's Support Site which has the latest software
versions and a knowledge base.

--
Dameon D. Welch, a.k.a. PhoneBoy (dwelch () phoneboy com)
Check Point FireWall-1 FAQs at http://www.phoneboy.com/fw1/