Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

actual implimentation questions

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:14:33 -0600 (CST)

Okay, here's the issue:

There are many advisories and announcements have been made about the
potential abuse of java, java-script, active-x, vb-scripts, and well,
pretty much any active content in the major web browsers and across the
HTML protocol.

Never minding the minimal active exploitation actually being observed;

While we know that most experts and consultants in the field will advise
that active content be either blocked at the border, and/or turned off in
the browser<s>, how many corporate gateway admins are actually blocking
this as many advise?  How are corporations dealing with this e-commerce
wise, and/or as regards business partners?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior consultant:  darkstar.sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!