Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: ICMP blocking on PIX .4.4.1

From: GibsonB () gruntal com
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 08:52:26 -0400

As I said what you want to do, ideally, is allow echo requests out.
Depending on your user base you may limit this to specific machines.  By
allowing only echo requests out, and not replies or other ICMP types, you
significantly limit an outside user from gaining information.

You can additionally limit external access by allowing ICMP requests of any
kind only from machines that are Single IP NATed by your Firewall.