Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: kind of OT: external email address registration

From: Ralf Zessin <Ralf.Zessin () maxpert de>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 23:40:44 +0100

Shimon Silberschlag wrote:

Has anyone in the group ever dealt with a client that wants his
external email contacts to register their email address with him
before they are able to send it email? We are talking about an
organization with a considerable number of end-users who need to have
access by email to clients, suppliers etc.
Does such a scheme improves the security of the client's mail system
at all?

Regards,

Shimon Silberschlag

One Customer of us has the same policy, and a believe, it's the same.
In my Opinion this policy is one of he annoyingst method against
spamming, not more.
I want to know, how two organisaions with the same Policy will handle
this ....

- Ralf