Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Possibly unusual proxy/filter

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:38:49 -0400

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 04:50:59PM -0600, John McDermott wrote:
I manage a system that provides a web service.  We serve port 80 on one
machine (call it "A") and some ports on other machines that are not an
issue.  What I'd like to do is to put an inbound ("reverse") proxy in
front of the web server such that the proxy can allow access only to
specified pages and scripts.  (Sort of a reverse "content filter".)  I
know that through proper Apache configuration I can clearly limit
access, but I'm looking for another layer of "depth" in the protection.
It'd be nice if I could even validate the arguments to cgi-scripts, but
that may be asking too much.

Netscape Proxy Server.  Possibly 'squid'.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-B