Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Martians

From: Simeon Johnston <simeonuj () eetc com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:18:55 -0500

What is a martian exactly.  I'm talking about kernel logging of TCP/IP
packets on a firewall internal interface with a IP address of 192.168.1.x.
It is logging martian all over the place.  I don't know how to track them
down.
This started happening when I upgraded the kernel from 2.2.14-5.0 to 2.2.17.
The old kernel never had a problem.  There doesn't seem to be a problem with
the IPchains config, we still have access to the outside world, but these
martians are going to make the logs huge.  How would I go about tracking
them down?  What exactly are they?

sim